Recipe day this week was waaaaaay too hot to turn on an oven or hotplate. Like, seriously.
So Kat made this salad. Pretty much just made it up on the spot, then we shoved it in our bellies and it was perfect for a summer lunch.
Make sure you don’t mix the feta into the salad until right before you eat it, so it doesn’t get soggy. It gives a fantastic contrasting texture and flavour to the rest of the dish.
Watermelon & cucumber saladPrint This
- 1/4 watermelon, cut into chunks
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into thick slices
- 1 cup mint leaves, finely sliced
- 180g, of feta cheese, cut into cubes or crumbled
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablesoolive oil
- Combine watermelon, cucumber and mint leaves in a bowl.
- In a jug or bowl, whisk together the lime juice, maple syrup and olive oil.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the feta over the watermelon and cucumber, then drizzle with the dressing.